On October 1, 2012, students who entered the university Fall, 2009 and later gained access to DegreeWorks (DW) through AppalNet.  DegreeWorks is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, web-based academic advising and degree audit tool that assists students and their advisors successfully navigate curriculum requirements. 

DegreeWorks allows both students and advisors to view the student's academic record filtered into the program of study for all majors and minors.  Degreeworks provides 24-7 access to:

  • a full description of specific requirements for the student.
  • an easy way to see what requirements are not yet met.

As with any student data, faculty should access this information only for legitimate educational reasons,  and all information must remain confidential as required by FERPA regulations.

The College of Fine and Applied Arts  will use DegreeWorks as the primary record of the approved Program of Study.  Majors and minors that require contracts or advisor approval of particular courses should be submitted to the dean's office as soon as possible.

Students with required minors/second academic concentrations or who intend to pursue a minor as an elective course of study should officially declare their minor so DegreeWorks can reflect those requirements.  


Office of the Registrar Degree Works Information

  • Quick tips for using DegreeWorks
  • Training Sessions: The Registrar's Office is providing general training for faculty advisors on how to use DW with students.  The College of Fine and Applied Arts has held familiarization sessions for faculty and now encourages you to attend a training session if you still have questions.
    Watch your e-mail for announcements or go to the training website.
  • Customized Training Sessions on a specific program for faculty advisors: E-mail Mark Miller to arrange a session.
  • General website including tutorials -- general help for faculty and students at all levels.

To submit major and minor substitutions or waivers

Please note that our current practice is NOT changing

Faculty should send recommened substitutions to their chairperson for approval
If the chairperson approves the substitution, they should send an email to the dean's office
Dean's Office will update DegreeWorks as appropriate