"Hi! When I'm not talking about Appalachian, you can find me dancing with friends in the library at 2 am and/or procrastinating on a news article. I'm so happy to call App my home away from the coast!”
- Emily Broyles, Communication, Journalism major;
Student Ambassador, Diversity Scholar and Editor-in-Chief for The Appalachian
Welcome to the College of Fine and Applied Arts
Appalachian State University's College of Fine and Applied Arts is home to seven departments--Art, Applied Design, Communication, Military Science and Leadership, Sustainable Development, Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment and Theatre and Dance--which focus on applied, experiential learning.
Read More About Us
- App State students design and produce award-winning wine labels — cheers!
- Furniture Design Student's Tea Cabinet Wins International Award
- Communication Student and Soldier Takes Unlikely Degree Path
- Student Helps Others Access Clean Water
- Theatre and Dance Returns to the Stage With 8 Performances This Year
- The Mission Doesn't Stop for App State ROTC
- Graphic Design Alum Jake Flowers Shares His Career Success
- Sustainable Development's Dr. Aniseh Bro Studies Climate Change's Effects On Coffee Production