uStor - Network Storage
Appstate Faculty and Staff have access to a personal network storage folder where work-related files can be saved for a second backup location. Some Faculty and Staff also have access to shared network storage for their department or group. All of this network storage space is in a system called "uStor". We reccommend that you use this personal folder on uStor to back up all your important files.
- PC - Accessing uStor
- PC - Creating Shortcuts to uStor
- Mac - Accessing uStor
- Mac - Creating a Dock Shortcut to uStor
- Mac - Making uStor Automatically Login
How to Access uStor on a PC
1. Login to your
2. Click on the Start menu button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
3. Click on "Computer"
4. You should automatically see a P: Drive for Personal Space and an M: Drive for Shared Folders.
How to Create Shortcuts to uStor on a PC
How to Access uStor on a Mac
1. Click on the Desktop of Finder. Then click Go at the top menu bar and select Connect to Server (Command + K).
2. Type in " smb://ustor.appstate.edu/~ " in the Server Address and click Connect.
3. Type in your ASU username and password. If you don't want to type this every time, check the box to "Remember password in keychain.
4. In the menu bar click on Finder then select Preferences (Command + Comma).
5. Under the General tab, make sure Connected servers is checked.
6. You will now see the uStor ~ share on your desktop.
How to Create a Dock Shortcut to uStor on a Mac
1. Login to uStor with your Appstate username and password so we can see the uStor icon on your desktop.
2. Drag the uStor Server icon from your desktop into your Dock to the right of the dock divider. Make sure you do not drop the icon on top of another folder or file in your dock, instead, drop the icon into the open space the dock will create.
3. Right-click or control-click on the uStor ~ folder in the dock and select the option to Display as a Folder.
4. Now, anytime you click on the server icon in your dock you will connect to the uStor server share.
How to Make uStor Automatically Login on a Mac
1. Open System Preferences. You can easily do this by clicking on the Apple Icon in the top left corner of the menu bar and selecting System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Users & Groups.
3. In the User list, make sure to click on your user then select the Login Items tab.
4. Drag the uStor ~ icon into the Login Items box as shown above. This will now automatically connect to the uStor server when you boot up or login to your machin.
FAA Recent News
Sign in to access additional resources for faculty, staff, and students.